If you’re a fan of Zenfolio on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, we’re sure you’ve seen the commotion the recent ZenfolioTab announcement has created. So we’ve compiled some more specifics on this exciting new tool and how to use it.
ZenfolioTab is a Facebook application created by the awesome Tabfusion. They’re running a very special deal for the early adopters of the app. The first 2500 users to install the app will get one free year of a VIP membership. This enables you to showcase your Zen portfolio as a separate tab on your Facebook fan page. When visitors go to your fan page and click on the tab, they’ll see an image or a gallery of images based on the layout you’ve selected. From here they‘ll be able to browse through your publicly visible groups and galleries within the tab and go to your Zenfolio site for purchasing.
If you’re not one of the lucky 2500, these features will cost you $10 per year, or $20 for three years.
Allowing visitors to easily browse your work in Facebook seamlessly integrates your efforts into their social networking experience. ZenfolioTab enables right-click protection for all large images and slideshows. Your photos also maintain the watermark you’ve added in your Zenfolio account. You can feel safe knowing your work is protected even while displayed on your Facebook fan page.
Here’s how to install yours:
- Go to http://www.tabfusion.com/ and sign in with Facebook using the link in the top right
- Once you are signed in click +Photos in the left column and select Zenfolio
- Enter your Zenfolio User Name in the field provided to link your Zenfolio account to your profile.
o Your Zenfolio User Name is what you use to login to your Zenfolio Account or the prefix to your domain [username].zenfolio.com. Your Display Name or your Custom Domain will not be recognized.
o You can currently only add a ZenfolioTab to your Fan pages. Unfortunately Facebook has removed the option to add Tabs to your Profile. However, you can export your images to your personal profile straight from the edit view of your Zenfolio account.
o If you don’t have a Facebook fan page, you can create one here http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Click on the Pages tab and check the a Fan Pages where you would like to add the Zenfolio Tab. Click “>>Authorize” and then click “>>add to page” (click add ZenfolioTab when prompted) for each Fan Page.
- If you’re not one of the first 2500 users, you’ll need to click on the VIP tab and follow the instructions in order to upgrade.
Congratulations, a Portfolio tab has just been added to your facebook fan page!
You can play around with your layout preferences by going back to http://apps.facebook.com/zenfoliotab/ and clicking on the Layout tab.
A few things to remember:
- Only public groups, galleries and images will show up in the tab. You may still see your own private and password-protected images, but they will not be visible to anyone who is not logged in as you.
- Although right-click protection is enabled on all large images, there’s nothing stopping visitors from taking screenshots, so be sure to add your watermark to all images.
- This is a 3rd party application, so if you have any questions or issues we’ll be happy to help you out to the best of our abilities. However, for the more specific questions and/or feature requests you’ll need to reach out to Tabfusion. See the email link here.
Now go play!